Saturday, September 10, 2011

First Friday

Yesterday was my DREAM program's first friday of programing! it was "stuplenderful"! We had at least 20 new mentors coming to check out our program hopefully at least 6 will join and stick around for all four years of college!!! We had a party in the Fireside lounge at Champlains campus, had pizza supplied by the Center for Service and Civic Engagement, and of course fun, games, and toilet paper supplied by DREAM!!!



It was not only the first Friday, but the first time Ive felt comfortable about leaving my mentee Sam*...

She was totally the highlight of the party once i told her we need all these new recruits to see how much fun DREAM is and to get them to become mentors! But of course she gave death glares and said "Nope not gonna happen... lets not talk about it" when anyone brought up that I was a senior and was graduating. But I got her to point out two or three recruits she liked and I'll find her a new mentor. She doesnt get how awesome its gonna be to have two mentors this year!

This is my mentee being mummified by mentor Talia and recruit Colleen (who is her current number one pick to become her new mentor.. shhh).

At the end of the day I gave Sam her 13th birthday gift. its an engraved necklace signed your mentor and friend, Laura... its awesome and she loved it! I wishhhhh i was going to be around next Friday. it makes me nervous not to be there or have jess there... hopefully she'll bond amazingly with a recruit and she'll talk to me about it the next day when I visit her (honestly cant go a week w/o seeing her).


*mentees name changed

No comments:

Post a Comment